- There are two competing Allen Ginsberg biopics coming out: Howl (from the makers of The Celluloid Closet and starring James Franco as Ginsberg; and Kill Your Darlings (starring Jesse Eisenberg from The Squid and the Whale). Since the latter also stars Chris Evans of Not Another Teen Movie fame, I’m guessing it’s the Franco version which will actually be good.
- Jackie Chan is still making movies? I’m guessing he’ll eventually end up dying of a heart-attack in mid-air flying kick.
- Apparently they were going to make a Veronica Mars movie. It’s probably a good thing it’s not happening any more.
- The Farrelly Brothers are going to destroy the careers of Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro and Jim Carrey in a Three Stooges movie. Oh wait, Jim Carrey’s career has already been destroyed by that gay prison sex movie.
- Woody Allen’s next film has an insanely good cast including Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Josh Brolin, Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas and the hot chick from Slumdog Millionaire.
- Disney is releasing Miyazaki’s Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea in August. This means we’ll probably see the film in cinemas here in Australia.
- Ridley Scott is making a Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe but does anyone care?
- Yes I know, the trailer for Spike Jonze’s Where the Wild Things Are will make you laugh, cry and jizz your pants all at the same time. Incidentally the Astro Boy trailer will also make you cry…TEARS OF BLOOD.